SusanSalutations

Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Teen's Birthday


Next I made a card for a teenager's birthday. Here I used the Stampin' Up! set Blooming with Happiness (which incidently also answers the challenge for the Stampinupalphabetchallenge since the challenge there was to use a stamp set starting with the letter 'B' ).


I used Stampin' Up! cardstock - Perfect Plum, Ruby Red and Whisper White. Inks were also Stampin' Up! - Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, Rose Red and Versamark. I two-step stamped the candles then used Dazzling Diamonds on both the candles and the cake stand. I sponge daubed the background around the cake and candles. The Sculpey Button with the beads in it was made for me in a swap and I tied it on with gold cord from Stampin' Up!
I used Victorian deckle edged scissors to finish it off.
It didn't scan well due to the thick button. Sorry it's a little out of focus.


1 comment:

Lee said...

Very cool for a teenager! I just got that retired set and can't wait to use it!!