SusanSalutations

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Exploding Easter Box






At Scrapchat we have a Sunday Powerscrap challenge each week, which I try to get done between church services. It's a nice way to relax and enjoy the afternoon. Today we were asked to make an exploding Easter Box:


"Ok is everyone up for a little bit of adventure. As Easter is in two weeks, yes that's right, two weeks. My Challenge is to make a single layer exploding box suitable to give as a gift for Easter eggs. Don't be turned off by this challenge and think it is to difficult cause they are really easy as I have made a couple myself.


Here is the link to the blog with instructions on it ~ Exploding Box"


As I had never made one of these before, I thought it was a good opportunity to try making one. So I did. First I resized th epattern so the box would be a little smaller. I used Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal cardstock. I used stamps from a big set I was given as a present so don't know who created them, and some acrylic stamps from Rhonna Farrer. I gold embossed every image and used Stampin' Pastels and a blender pen to colour them up. I used a copper gel pen to add a few accents here and there. Then I tied it together with a nylon cord from a camping store. When I give it to my DD for Easter, there will be gourmet yummy chocolate eggs in there, not this compound chocolate ick that I have in there for display purposes only. When it's Sunday the only place you can get Easter eggs around here is at a service station.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Susan........that box is simply amazing!!! Thanks for the link as this is now on my list to make!! What a pretty box too!!! And yeah......chocolate!!!!!!!! LOL

Chriss Rollins said...

LOVELY BOX, yes, thanx for the link I thought it would be harder to make.. so its now on my list of things to do..dont think i will make it for easter though as i would have to make 8 lol.
will save it for another time.
have a good day.
blog candy at my place today.
chriss x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous little box, what a wonderful Easter gift

Pearl said...

Gerat exploding box project Susan! nicely done ! I must have a go one day ! lol

Your 3 cards below are terrific too !

lovely to catch up !