SusanSalutations

Friday, March 14, 2008

My Paper World card 3 for Sketch #6

This time I decided to try Lee's faux cloissone technique to make my forst shabby chic card. I hope it strikes you that I did both those things!
I stamped my Reasons to Smile butterfly on a glossy magazine then embossed it with gold and cut it out. I used the paper they gave us in the Better Homes Magazine this month for the background behind the butterfly - it has been torn and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. I added the gold brad, then mounted the background to the Close to Cocoa card and the butterfly to the background. Then I took some Pretty in Pink cardstock and stamped on it with a sentiment from Happy Harmony, sponged with Close to Cocoa and paper pierced it. I used my hot glue gun to add the gauze ribbon and gold cord, then hand drew the flourishes with black pen and enhanced with gold gel pen. A fun card to make!
Next time I make a faux cloissone image I would use a stamp with more open work on it though. I think it would show the effect better.

10 comments:

Annapurna said...

Stunning cards!! Especially #3. My best friend's birthday is coming up and this will be right up her alley. I may have to CASE it.

My Paper World said...

This is STUNNING! Susan! LOVE your gorgeous butterfly, and the luxury looking ribbon!
and you amaze me that you hand draw your flourishes! they always look great!
Thank you so much for trying out my sketch in different ways, I have loved each and every one of them!
Nicola xx

Lee said...

Absolutely STUNNING Susan!!! I love the butterfly image you chose.......she just shimmers so elegantly!!! And definitely a beautiful shabby chic look......I haven't tried that yet!!

I just got my new Gina K. stuff and am ready to create!! LOL

Anonymous said...

another beautiful card:)x

Andrea, said...

Stunning card Susan, I love the butterfly, the embossing is fabulous.

Pearl said...

Wozer ! that butterfly is just so stunning Susan ! & you drew in the swirls ! fab !

Always good to hear from you !

Chriss Rollins said...

this card is gorgeous the butterfly looks likea piece of jewelry and the flourishes i thought were already on the background paper, paper designer eh!
you always want me coming back for more. have a lovely weekend.
chriss x

Peet said...

wow,this card is so gorgeous!!! The butterfly looks great...love it!!!

AJ said...

That is a beautiful card! I have to agree with the description "stunning". :):) I love the butterfly!

Becky Stewart said...

Great card - very pretty.
Thanks for your comment on my blog - there is a great tutorial on Beate's blog for the dry embossing - you can see it here http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2007/08/31/crop-a-dile-easy-as-1-2-3/