SusanSalutations

Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Paper World Sketch Challenge #6





Nicola set a challenge for this fortnight to make cards from the sketch pictured. I need to make quite a few cards this month so am starting off with the one shown here. I used Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery, Pale Plum and Whisper White cardstock, and a stamped background provided in a RAK (thank you!) I chose the sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s 'Blooming with Happiness' set, stamping in black Stazon and sponging around it with Lavender Lace ink. The little jewels are from Heidi Swapp and the grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up! I paper pierced the edges of the green cardstock too.
If you are a cardmaker and look at Nicola's cards, then also follow the links she has in her posts to the other people's blogs who have made gorgeous cards using her sketch, I promise you will be inspired.
I plan to make a few more cards with this sketch this week, maybe even becoming a BIT more adventurous with how I do it.

7 comments:

Lee said...

What a fun sketch!!! And pretty color combo too!! I, OF COURSE, love the gems!!!! LOL

Julie Koerber said...

Cute card! Love the contrast in color. I might have to give this sketch a try!

My Paper World said...

Wow! It's gorgeous Susan!
I love the colours, and the inking and the gems look fabulous!
Thank you so much for joining in!
I'm really glad that you enjoy checking out everyone elses cards too! They are always so inspiring!
Nicola xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card, Susan. I love those two colours together. I have two chalk inks Eggplant & Tea Leaves & they are a close match to these Stampin' up ones.
Its looking like my internet probs will be coming to an end soon. They have been doing massive server updates & the bad weather has slowed them down causing havoc.
My emails are still affected so I can't check them from work. I am worn out & looking forward to the weekend. I have so much craft stuff that I have to finish they are becoming a chore instead of a pleasure. I do have some fun bits lined up for me once the commissions are done.

lauren bergold said...

this is a lovely combo of colors and a FAB take on nicola's sketch!

Debby said...

fabulous job on this card ,love your stamped flowers with the gem in the middle!

Nicola said...

san, thanyou so much for going to my blog and for leaving a comment, I do appreciate each and every one, your card is beautiful for the challenge#6 lovely colours!!
Nicola.xx