SusanSalutations

Friday, March 07, 2008

The Bags I Made



Thank you so much for your comment on 'my' bag in the last post, Lee. I did not make that gorgeous one, however. It was Melanie's original! I did play with the pattern last night and came up with a little bag and a card front though. I used my Creative Memories Custom Cutting System to cut the top of the bags, and i must say I am still working out how best to do the handles. I used thin paper for the inside and outside of the card bag (lying flat) and dressed it up with a bit of sparkly ribbon, crumpled paper and stick on jewels. I made the larger standing up bag with thin decorative paper and regular black cardstock on the inside, and it is much more durable. I learned a lot about my new Crop-a-dile tool in setting the eyelets, mostly how NOT to do them! Lol! It was fun though.

Edit (just for you , Lee!): The designer paper is from Walter Knabe and the cardstock, gros grain ribbon and orange swirl clip is from Stampin' Up! The brads and sparkly ribbon were from a RAK is received from someone anonymously (thank you again!) and the jewels are Heidi Snapp.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Susan!! These are absolutely gorgeous!!! I had to laugh at myself.......I had just assumed you had the same paper as Melanie and made an identical one!!! LOL I love your embellies...that paper is wonderful!! What is it?? I have the Ovals from CM.....hmmm....wonder if I can make that work?? I'll have to try it!!

Melanie said...

This is fab!! Deep red is my fave, and this print is so chic! Thanks for the honey tip, I will check it out!!! hugs!!

Pearl said...

Wow your bags are fabu too ! good choice of colours & papers !

congrats on selling your house ! exciting times ahead !

Andrea, said...

Your little bags are fab, great idea

Lee said...

Awww.......thanks for the extra info!! That dp is really elegant!!

Amy said...

I think your bags turned out really cute! Mine was a Bare Elements by Creative Imaginations purse/box that I covered with paper. I don't have any purse templates right off hand, but I'll keep you in mind if I run across any! Thanks for your kind comments!

Chriss Rollins said...

they are just gorgeous love them love them as much as chocoltae

chriss x

My Paper World said...

Wow! They are BEAUTIFUL! xx

Chrissie said...

So cute Susan.... I must give them a try! Love the paper!