SusanSalutations

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a great New Year's and that things are 'Great in 2008'! DH & I spent the evening with Austrian friends. We watched DVDs of old movies and ate 'traditiona;' food - a wonderful beef and vegetable soup at 10pm and at midnight, a potato and herring salad! Now I had never tried pickled herring (rollmops?) before but now know they are delicious.

We could see the fireworks on Cairn's Esplanade from a distance at midnight, and just enjoyed the night talking and reminiscing about the year. It was very pleasant. My friends are wonderful Christian friends who I appreciate very much. They insisted we stay overnight rather than returning home (96kms away) and this morning they fed us fresh fruit salad and croissants before we departed. I need to work on eating more moderately from now on!!

Following Suzanne's example, I am starting this year with a few changes to my blog. I've added a free counter (see bottom of page). I'm going to work on a new avatar image, too. Maybe that will get posted today.

I trust I will see all who come here lots more in 2008. Thank you to everyone who has left comments and become friends in 2007. It has been fun getting to know you and learning about blogging with you all.

All the very best!

4 comments:

snaphappy said...

Happy New Year to you, too! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm off to yours!

Suzanne said...

I love the new look of your BLOG. Also your new Avitar. I look forward to continueing our cyber friendship into 2008.

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Happy new year Susan and thanks very much for tagging me :) i will tackle that later , hope you have had a great christmas and all the best for 2008.

hugs Andrea xx

Lee said...

Cool!! I'm glad I found your blog thru Suzanne! How cool to make new friends that are half-way 'round the world!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.....and for the very interesting fact about those beetles......the kids and I are going to google some info and pics about those!!