SusanSalutations

Friday, August 08, 2008

Wombat Day

It's been awhile since i mentioned anything uniquely Australian, and I thought today would be a perfect day to do that.

I know some of you out there like Wombats. Imagine my surprise when I found out Australia has a day set aside especially for celebrating all things wombat! No, you haven't missed it yet. It's on October 22nd. Or maybe not since the graphic from the site actually has 2007 on it, but what's to stop us celebrating it this year on Oct 22nd anyway, I ask you?

You can read more about it here.

PS I'm thinking about decorating a card tin - will let you know if it actually happens in the near future :)

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oh my gosh!!! Is that hilarious!!! And too cute!! You know I'm interested in anything regional you post!! I may have to make a card that day for the wombats..........hmmmmm.......I don't have a wombat stamp.......will a Hedgehog do??? LOLOL

My Paper World said...

How fun is that!
Have a wonderful weekend Susan, I hope you are feeling much better now, and I can't wait to see what you create with your new strawberry stamp!
Nicola xx

Suzanne said...

This is just too cool. Wombats look like they are cute little creatures but I am not sure that I would want to hug one anymore than I would want to hug a cute little raccoon. I love hearing about all things Australian....thanks for sharing.