SusanSalutations

Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy 50th!

I was over at Catherine's blog, saw her cute Suspension card and decided to follow her link to Splitcoaststampers
to find out how to make one.

It was very timely as I have a 50th birthday party to attend tomorrow, had a brand new stamp set I wanted to play with, and it all just seemed to fall together nicely! I hope the man in question likes it - he is having a surprise cowboy party, courtesy of his loving wife, daughter and friends. So this is a secret card till tomorrow night .... shh! Lol!




If you would like to see how I made this card, go to my PaperCraftCentral site, to this page.


Materials list:


Stampin’ Up! Bronc Buster stamp set

Certainly Celery & glossy white cardstock

Black Stazon ink

White, copper, gold and green gel pens

Rust coloured cardstock – source unknown

Ink spot pads in cocoa, lemon yellow and green

Dental floss

Double sided tape

Black calligrapher’s pen and black fine felt tipped pen

Creative Memories gold letter stickers

Two Scoops paper pad designer paper

5 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful card.Great colours.
I'm sorry I haven't been by in a while, I am absolutely loving my new job but the deal was I don't get the full salary I asked for until I have been trained & the review will be in six months. Might sound harsh but they have taken me on despite not being able to do the job, & for a woman of my age that is pretty rare her in sweet old UK! I am determind to learn as fast as I can & although it means some of my life has to take a back seat, it will be well worth the hard work & effort in the long term, because more wages means more scrap stash!!!!!!

Jaqi said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog Susan, this is a great card.
Hows being a grandparent? are you still enjoying it? Take Care Jaqi x

Amy said...

Your card is amazing Susan! I love it! That set is great for male cards hey! Sorry for getting back to you so late but I cant wait to hear the possible news you have!

Lee said...

That is FANtastical!!!! Wow!! I never, ever thought of doing more than one suspension in a card!!! I love this!! And the Western theme is so perfect!! What a truly special card you created Susan!!!!

PS......dang the postal service.....it's been a loooooong time since I mailed your package and I'm so anxious for you to get it!!!!

Suzanne said...

This is a wonderful card. Somehow I have missed the suspension technique so I thank you for introducing me to it. Life has been very busy the past tow weeks for me but I am now getting back to my stamp room and I plan on trying this out.
Also I followed your link to your website. It has been a while since I have visited there. I have to say it is wonderful. I read the story of your journey that led up to the birth of the web site and I was practically in tears. You are a very courageous person to have taken this step and followed your dreams. One day, before I am too old, I hope to have your courage. Best of luck to you in turning your web site eventually into an income
producing site. When the time it right I am sure it will happen.