SusanSalutations

Friday, August 01, 2008

Engagement!




Thank you for your well-wishes, dear friends. I am feeling a little less ill today. The problem is, I can’t just have ONE health complaint – I have to have THREE AT ONCE. I have bronchitis, asthma and sinusitis right now so am not a very happy camper! All of it will go away eventually though which is the good thing. Roll on summer.

In spite of feeling icky, I have been slowly working on a very special project for Tan at Scrap N Craft With T. Tan has kindly provided me with some of her yummy products to create something as a Guest Design Team member for her this month! I am making two items for Tan to display on the front page of her shop this month. This is Project No 1.

I could think of no better way to announce the wonderful news of my DD’s engagement!

To make this card, I used an acetate base and then printed the same photo out twice to use on the front and back of the card. The rubons are Foil, Glitter and Flock ‘Flowers and Swirls’ plus Kaisercraft ‘Inspiration’ from Tan’s shop, and most of the ribbons, brads, ric rak and flowers can also be obtained from Tan. I strengthened the card by adhering layers of cardstock inside the card and making a little accordion folded stand out of some more. It was fun to try out the foil, glitter and flock items especially and I will be using them some more! I also used the lettering ON the photos (under the acrylic) and also ON TOP OF the acrylic. You get some nice little shadows that way.

I was happy with the result and it’s now on its way to my DD and her fiancé. (I’m glad you liked it too, Tan!)

If you want a great variety of papercraft items and fantastic service, do have a look at Tan’s shop! !

8 comments:

Lee said...

Oh wow Susan!!!! What happy news and a FANtastic creation celebrating that special occasion!!! I love the acetate base and what a sweet photo!!

Now.....you MUST get plenty of rest and feel better soon!! It's no fun to be sick and you have to be well so you can snuggle your little grandbaby soon!!! Hugs to you my friend!!!

My Paper World said...

HUGE congratulations to the happy couple Susan! What fantastic news!
It's a beautiful card, and they are going to love it!
I'm sorry to hear that you are not well, hope you feel better soon!
Hugs!
Nicola xx

Jaimie Ramsey said...

Hope you feel better soon sweet girl xoxox

That card is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see it on the shop. I love acetate atm.. I am sure the happy couple will love it xoxo

Linda Vincent said...

How brilliant is that! They must feel very special - congratulations to the happy couple.
And thank you for the birthday wishes Susan.
Linda x

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Aww dear Susan these illnesses are spreading ive not been well either, hope you are on the road to recovery, Congratulations to your DD on her engagemaent. Have not managed to post your card yet it will be with you soon.Take care speak soon.

Andrea xxx

Pearl said...

Hope you're recovered well by now , Susan ! O to be hit by 3 things at one time aint no fun alrite ! congrats on your DD's engagement ! Beautiful card !


Hugs, Pearl

Suzanne said...

Susan, I too hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. AND congratulations on the engagement of your DD. This has certainly been a year of new and exciting events for you and your family!

Melanie said...

great pic! (i love her hair!) :)