SusanSalutations

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week 1 Project Scrapaway















At Scrapchat we have a challenge going on for the next 10 weeks and it all got started tonight. our challenge was:


MONOCHROMATIC


Yes I want you to design a monochromatic layout with lots of tones of Blue.

Our 5 design elements needed for this challenge are:-

    1. Must have at least 3 different tones of blue.
    2. Must include 2 photo's.
    3. Must include ribbon.
    4. Must have journalling.
    5. Must have a stamped image.

Remember ladies, you need to first sketch your idea and then put it into practice when you complete your layout.

Try to use all the design elements to maximise the amount of points you will receive as the winner of round one will be the one with the most points.

Please upload your sketch and layout to the gallery by 6.00pm Thursday.


We were allowed to use embellishments of different hues and to use a white or black base page if we wanted to. You can see what I came up with! This was the first time I tried sketching a layout of my own. You can see more entries here. Feel free to come on over and have a look at some of the great talent that's there.

All materials used are from Creative Memories except some of the paper flowers.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

ohhhhh...I love this. What a wonderful layout and it so reminds me of a Grandmothers Fan quilt block...Great job!

Pearl said...

ooo cool ! wow 10 wk challenge ! that is so awesome , Susan ! I've akways loved stuff like that !

in fact I signed up for 2 similar 6 wk long challenges - but their settings are school/ lesson based which I thought is so different ! Seems to have a lot more of these things going on these days ! One of them is a CHIPBOARD school over at Scrapping Outback & their designs are too adorable ! fab ! But I was good & didnt buy any of them !