SusanSalutations

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A cute bookmark


So glad you enjoyed the Wombat Day story from yesterday! It's a bit of a giggle - I had never heard of it myself till yesterday, and I've lived here for decades :-D

I have been making some bookmarks-cum-calendars for people lately and thought I'd show you one.Chrissie showed me how to do this and even emailed me the calendar template - thank you, Chrissie! You are wonderful!

This bookmark is for a friend who won a stamp set from me over at Scrapchat this month. I just used a Stampin' Up! set from the new Spring Mini catalogue here, called 'A Beautiful Thing'. It makes this type of thing easy as all I had to do was use Versamark and black Stazon on any coloured cardstock to make pretty two-step stamped images. I enhanced a little with a green gel pen and a corner rounder, and a hand written message. The only other things I needed were the slit punch, the Crop-a-dile hole punch and some ric rak.

Of course, you can dress these up pretty much any way you would like to.

Oh - I am feeling lots better now, thank you to everyone who was concerned. I hope that's the end of the winter woes for me now.

Have a good evening, all!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Ohhhh............sooooo cool!!! I would love to make some of those to include in pocket cards!!

Catherine said...

pretty cool bookmark...loveit!