SusanSalutations

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

House selling is a real craft dampener...

First the good news - people are interested in our house! they are coming along pretty regularly to see it. We're 'House of the Week' in the local (free!) newspaper which is very pleasing. At least we have a chance of selling, though the loan interest rate is climbing and that may put some people off...we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of this activity. I guess people wouldn't go out looking if they didn;t think they could handle a mortgage.

The bad news is I cannot get out my craft gear. I want to finish some scrap book pages and make a few cards, but the amount of time it takes to set up then be able to quickly put everything away at a few minute's notice is stopping me somehow.

More good news - I'm going to a scrap booking workshop tomorrow morning at a friend's place. I can't work on my pages thee but that's OK - we're learning some new techniques! I'll post something up if it turns out OK...

What have I been doing instead of crafting, I hear you ask? Well, all I can say is thank goodness for Ancestry.com!! I've been adding a few details to my family tree, inviting family members to join it, and adding a few photos. It's a fun way to keep a record of your family lines, stories, photos etc, and so far it is all free...

2 comments:

Lee said...

Awww Susan.......I'm sorry you're out of craft mode with selling. I told hubby I don't think I can do that when it comes time to put the house up!! It's absolutely my sanity!!!! But congrats for folks looking at it and we'll hope and pray for a quick contract!!! Have fun learning some new things tomorrow! Please share them!!! :)

Pearl said...

O i thought your house was already sold Susan ? Sorry lost the plot so far ! lol


Wow it's a busy time alrite having to keep the house nice & tidy & everything . So sorry to hear you've had to pack your carfty things away ! Yes it's better than therapy for me too !

I was busy back scrapping away today a couple of boy layouts ! Just to use up more stash & to hopefully be more organized with things one fine day ! hmmmm

I am thinking of giving private tuition just to "pass " time faster ! as tho' crafting wouldnt do !