SusanSalutations

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Antarctica


I've received my first Circle Journal from Ali at Scrapchat! She has put together a Paper Bag Album and her instructions were to make a double paged layout of a dream holiday destination. I had to also incorporate a tag with journalling on it about why I wanted to go to my chosen place. I chose Antarctica and found a great website here with pictures I could download and print, as long as I kept the website's watermark on them and put these words on the pages: "Use of pictures courtesy Paul Ward - CoolAntarctica.com". I cut the Antarctic pics out with deckle edged 'postal' scissors to make them look like stamps. I photoshopped a pic of me to look icier, then used my Creative Memories tools to create the curvy bits of paper. I've used Heat and Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, some snowflake brads, some silver, gold and copper gel pens,a black felt pen for the journalling around the photos and on the back of the removable tag, some nylon cord from a camping shop for the tag, some Ballet Blue ink and the Rivetting stamp set from Stampin' Up! and a Bella stamp set for the snowflake stamps.

4 comments:

My Paper World said...

It looks great Susan! I love how you cut around them, and made them look like stamps! What a great idea!
Nicola xx

Suzanne said...

Susan, These pages are awesome. I too love how you made the pictures look like stamps. What a cool place to dream about visiting. I've always dreamed of going there also.

Nardi said...

Great LO, Susan. TFS!

Lee said...

Ooooo........very, very COOOOOOL Susan!!! LOL But seriously.....amazing layout with the wonderful photoshopping and CE effects!!! Thanks for sharing the website too.........my kids will enjoy that!!