The Week #4 Scrapaway Challenge at Scrapchat is this:
BUTTONS & LACE
Our 5 design elements needed for this weeks challenge are:-
1. Your layout must have at least one piece of lace on it and at least one button.
2. You need only one photo on this weeks layout.
3. Your layout must have a title.
4. Your layout must have a journalling block of some sort.
5. You must scrap about someone who is older then you and who you have a great amount of respect for..
So I chose my wonderful mother's picture - it's from the 1950s. Doesn't she look gorgeous? I didn't want to make the layout very complicated as my mother has never been a lacy, decorative person - she likes things more classical and she does have a clean, smooth style.
The paper is from Creative Memories. The lace and button are from my stash :)
If you have never tried drawing your own scrapbook page layouts, why not give it a go? There's a page I wrote about how to get started on PaperCraftCentral.