SusanSalutations

Thursday, October 02, 2008

ATCs 'explained'


Have you ever made an ATC or two or twenty? I have just been making some for Chrissy over at Artist Trading Cards and Me There's always a challenge going at Chrissy's blog and all are welcome to join in!

If you would like to know more about these fascinating little projects, there's a bit more information on my website

I'll definitely be making more of these! There's something compelling about them :) I used paint on the backgrounds of these, and doodled, and scrumpled up copied sheet music then distressed it with inks, and I kind of distressed the strawberries and their mounting papers too...there's plenty of metallic pens used on these ATCs. And I used Crystal Effects to make the berries look a little dewy. What do you think??

8 comments:

Chris said...

Susan they are just gorgeous...love the little strawberries :) Glad to see you jumping in with the atc challenge on Chriss' blog :)
hugs
Chris xx

Lee said...

I think these are just STUNNING Susan!!! I love the crumpled up music sheet look!!!! ATCs are really fun to make!! Hope you're finally getting to settle in and enjoy some grandbaby time!!

Grace said...

oh wow! beautiful. you're a great artist Susan.

Chrissie said...

These are just lovely Susan... I've never made ATC's before but I do admire them!

Chriss Rollins said...

I have seen these in the flesh and they are gorgeous and so was the huge chunky bar of chocolate that arrived with them yummy.
chriss x

Linda Vincent said...

They're lovely - I really like the 'grungy' look, its strangely satisfying to do.
Linda x

Suzanne said...

Wonderful! ATC's are so much fun....I haven't made any in a while and just may need to do some after vacation.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Artist trading cards are a great form of art, aren't they?