SusanSalutations

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Tribute to an Inspiring Woman - Karen Russell





Some of you may have visited Karen Russell's blog over the last few months and years. She is a scrapbooking lady too. She has shown remarkable strength and faith in the face of some awful personal challenges - one of her four sons contracted brain cancer as a teen and this week, he sadly lost his battle for life. When Scrapchat set a challenge to make a page about an inspiring woman who I had never met in person, who else could I choose but Karen.

Karen, if you ever see this, I hope it brings you a small measure of comfort to know you are an inspiring person. I hope you will take this as my tribute to your sorrow and loss.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Susan this is absolutely so special and an incredibly touching tribute to a PHENOMENAL woman for sure!!!! You are one amazing lady yourself and I love this gorgeous and meaningful page!!

Chriss Rollins said...

I second what Lee has written.
chriss x

Chris said...

Oh Susan what an amazing tribute to a special lady... I'm sure that when she sees it she will be incredibly touched. Thanks for sharing it with us!!
hugs
Chris xx

Nancy Jensen said...

Susan,
What a beautiful page about a beautiful woman... who just happens to be my sister! Karen truly is everything you said... she is an inspiration to us all.

I am so glad that Marcus and Karen have been able to touch your life in such a positive way. I'm going to email her and tell her about your beautiful tribute. Hopefully she'll be up to visiting your blog soon.

Thank you for your post.
((hugs))
Nancy

Pearl said...

o Susan ! indeed a wonderful tribute to Karen ! very challenging times indeed for her & her family !

Melanie said...

This is beautiful. I'm sure YOU are at the top of many fine people's "most inspiring" list for your kindess and thoughtfulness

Karen Russell said...

Dear Susan,
WOW, is all I can say. I am deeply touched to see this page. I really don't know what to say except Thank You. It is a beautiful tribute, and means so much to me. It is a comfort to know that Marcus' life and death made such a difference in my life, because I took strength from him as well as many others did. This tribute reminds me that he still lives to give me strength to make it through today.
You are such a sweetheart to think of me in this way, and put so much time and effort into something so beautiful. I will never forget you. I hope this all makes sense, because my thoughts are pretty jumbled today. But I wanted you to know that I think you are amazing. Thanks so much!

Karen Russell