SusanSalutations

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Watercolor Technique

Just when I think I won't have time to craft, I get some time! Yay!

I've been experimenting with cards for Christmas (I know I'm not alone! Lol!) and came up with some watercolored cards using the Stampin' Up! stamp set called "City of David". I thought they looked nice. There's some embossing and paint daubing going on in there too. I outlined how I made them on PaperCraftCentral if you would like to know more!

In Australia there is no snow at Christmas so I am always looking for ways to make cards that go with the season here. I like the effect of the starlight glittering on the sand in this image. I don't know if you can see it or the glittery stars either, but in real life you can!

Hope you like these!

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Nicely done. I can hardly belive its time to begin thinking Christmas again!!!!!
Glad you were able to find time to craft.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab card susan, love the watercolour effect.

Grace said...

wow! another beautiful work. you are really an inspiration to me, Ma'am Susan.

Chrissie said...

Beautiful card Susan... even though we have warm weather... I can't resist Christmas cards with snowmen! LOL Must be wishful thinking!

Pearl said...

Hey Susan

Thanks for stopping by !

Our school hols here starts mid Nov so there's no getting away until then if at all .


Love the watercolour effect here on your Christmas card !

Lee said...

WOW Susan!!! That is soooooo strikingly gorgeous!!!!! I'm hoping to learn to watercolor with some new ones I just bought!!!

Tanyah Payne said...

lovely cards susan! you do lovely work!xx
luv tanXx

Kim said...

It's lovely Susan!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Very smart of you to be thinking ahead to Christmas. Your card is lovely and I bet the twinkling stars really make it special too!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my Magpie's Nest :)

Chris said...

Beautiful card Susan... I love watercoloured effects and yours is stunning on your card hun :D
hugs
Chris xx

Heather Robinson said...

You just made my fingers itch to watercolour. I find it so relaxing and hope you do too! This is such a lovely serene card. Congratulations on starting to think about your Christmas cards and thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog.

Chriss Rollins said...

such a gorgeous card Susan
love the water colouring and the colours you chose.
chriss x