SusanSalutations

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Theatre Box



This past week I have had a little more time for scrapbooking, something I do miss when I don't get my 'fix'! My daughter is in theatre and I decided it was high time she had a Theatre Memorabilia Box. She was in a play just the last month and I was able to attend one of the productions, where she was Olive in the female version of The Odd Couple. Olive is the messy one! LoL!

I recently purchased a lovely memorabilia display box from Creative Memories and thought it would be ideal for her acting work to be displayed. The outside of the box is a magnetic, cloth covered display board. Inside it is also magnetic and crossed with ribbons. On the third panel there is a lovely big pocket, a hook, and an elastic strap for holding bulky items in place. All of it can be hung on a wall. I placed an album inside this box and as DD is in a production, I plan to do pages about it, then place them in the album when more productions take place.

Think it will work?

I like it quite a lot :) Clever Creative Memories!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a cool box. She will love this I'm sure.

Ben said...

Cool DIY.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning piece of art, she will love it.

Lee said...

Oh wow!!! What a truly special way to treasure and remember such fun and amazing events and photos!! I love this idea!!!

Nancy Jensen said...

I'm glad that your daughter will be able to use it. Looks like she already has a lot of things saved in there. I hadn't thought about putting an album inside of it.... but that is a really cool idea!

My middle son is in drama (Soph year) and he has a part in a play later in November. I hadn't thought of using my memorabilia box in this manner. I have mine displayed on a wall so it can be seen as you enter my house. I have 4 kiddos and a husband and plan to take turns featuring each family member on there every month. I just got mine though so it doesn't have much in it yet.

I'm so glad to see that you love yours! (I'm a CM consultant and it's neat to see how others are using this product) :)