SusanSalutations

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Iris Folds!





This afternoon I got a chance to make my mother and mother-in-law each a Mother's Day Card. I searched for something I hadn't done before on Splitcoast Stampers and found an Iris Fold tutorial. It seemed like a nice one and it was really very easy to do! I used Japanese rice paper and Kaisercraft 'Fun in the Sun P207 Frizbee' double sided paper for the folds. The rest of the cardstock is from Stampin' Up! and so are the stamps, the gold embossing powder, inks and ribbons. There's an Icee Jewel in the middle of each flower to add some bling because of Lee's influence - Lol!


I was a bit influenced with the design by Karen at KwernerDesignBlog.


I sure hope our mothers like their cards!
Oh - and for all of you who would like a cupcake from a few posts ago? C'mon over and I'll make you some fresh ones!




6 comments:

Pearl said...

These are lovely Susan ! I'm sure your mum & MIL will love them !

Lee said...

Oh I absolutely am gonna try this technique!!! What gorgeous cards for your moms!!! I may have to wait until after the move to attempt too many new things....but I sure love this!!! And if I'm ever lucky enough to get to Australia.......visiting you is at the very top of my list!! (with or without cupcakes!! LOL)

My Paper World said...

The folding looks like fun Susan! and I love the bling centres!
Nicola xx

Suzanne said...

Oh....the quilter in me says YES!!! I love these and really need to learn how to do this. Everything works on these cards. I'm sure they will be very much liked!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful designs. I don't use this technique as I just can't find the patience, I prefer tea bag folds!!

ScrapManda said...

Gorgeous cards Susan...I'm sure they will be treasured!