SusanSalutations

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sketch challenge


"For the Little Extra challenge this week on Daring Cardmakers we've a sketch for you to have a go at. We don't mind how you use it - bend it, stretch it, shrink it or turn it on it's head - as long as we can see the original plan in there it counts and we'd love to see how you use it."

I had trouble getting all of this together! It took ages to find what I thought was a pleasing way to fit all the pieces of this sketch together. I did come up with a card for a small friend's birthday - she is aged 12, so let's hope she likes the elements of this. First I thought I had too many pieces, but in the end I added to them. Now why is that, I wonder? I used an SU! balloon stamp in black ink on the brown cardstock bg, then layered on sky blue paper, roses wrapping paper, white cardstock dressed up with sponged edges in blue, pink and blue glitter gel pen plus an occasional punched heart, an SU! flower tag and a Be Inspired blue brad. Oh, and Inchworm & Scallop deckle edged scissors. I wrote all the words in me own fair hand - aharr.


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi there Susan
Glad going back to work wasn't too much of a trial and won't get in the way of your crafting!

Well done on making this card - I don't think you can use too much stuff really - you've either got to go for just a little....or throw the lot at it!

Paula J Atkinson said...

you said you'd have something on the blog so I came to see & there it is, beautiful!!

Leni said...

nice.