SusanSalutations

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Celebrate the Romance



"This week at DCM we're joining forces with the wonderful team of Scrapbookers over on the Everyone is Speshal blog. We're daring each other and you to make a Really Romantic Scrapbook Layout - but on a card! Scrapbookers are challenged to downsize your usual a 12x12 LO onto a teenyweeny one - maximum of 6x6, which can be sent safely through the mail. Cardmakers - you're used to working on a small space, and you know all about the ribbons, brads and other bits and bobs - but can you take on board all the other little touches that are used on a scrapbook page - the titles, the journalling, the photographs etc? "

This dare was actually sent out on February 2nd but I am just now catching up! I thought about this one a lot, and finally came up with something I think will amuse my Valentine. I used three shades of purple and some brown, some purple, blue green bg paper, deep purple ribbon, a heart & clip brad from SU!, an old key I had, and backed it all with beige cardstock. It says "You hold the key to my heart - a noble beau, a playful one, my only one, my Valentine". Awwww!


5 comments:

Kathy said...

Welcome back Susan - we've missed you!
This is great - I'm biased of course as these colours are my favourites.

Hope he appreciated all your hard work when you give him this card.

Lythan said...

What a great card! I'm sure it will make him smile and warm his heart!

Flower said...

That's so sweet. The sentiments are wonderful and I love the patterned papers.

Gillian said...

Fabulous Card Susan... Yes we have missed you... and it's wonderful to see you join in again..

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great card susan. I love the colours.