SusanSalutations

Friday, December 21, 2012

Metal Embossing

It's nearly Christmas! But this isn't necessarily a Christmas project, though you could use this idea for any occasion. I decided to make a special gift for one of my sweet nieces this week. She is turning 21 this month and I wanted to give her something personal that would last a bit longer than a paper card, so I turned to metal and alcohol inks :)

I used my Big Shot to emboss my metal card background and then added ribbon and some handmade flowers. Then I cut out some numbers with my Big Shot and stacked them on top of each other, then used Crystal Effects to seal and gloss them up. I added a few rhinestones and voila.


Once you have added some 3d flowers to a card, it is difficult to fit it into an ordinary envelope, so I decided this card needed its own special box.

I made it in a similar way to the card. The box itself is made from cardstock, but the lid has a metal finish. This time though, I used my Copics to tint the flowers and leaves. Then I added some ruffled ribbon and pearl jewels to finish it.



I thought the finished box and card looked pretty special, and fortunately my niece agreed! I think I shall be making more of these gift combinations. I think they have a bit of that 'wow' factor.

What do you think?


No comments: