SusanSalutations

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Extreme Elements

I was having a bit of fun today playing with backgrounds. It is a friend's birthday tonight and I as he is interested in racing cars (Speedway, whatever that is. Lol!) I decided to make a card with a car on it. I like using the car stamps with the Extreme Elements stamp set. It looks to me like the car is in motion and is splashing through puddles :)

It's funny about the process of choosing colours. I started with Poppy Parade as my friend likes red. The Colour Coach suggested Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Tangerine Tango would work together so I got them out. The red glitter paper also appealed to me so I added it to the pile. And eventually I also wanted some designer series paper so found some from the Tickets and Tags pack. I knew there was not going to be any ribbon on the card but I did go for some brushed silver brads. I didn't wind up using any Baja Breeze except for the stamped stars and the glitter paper got ignored too. I masked off the car so I could add details to the background, after I stamped it in Basic Black ink.

That Colour Coach does a good job of coordinating colours though and I love that I can just grab any of the suggested ones and know they will 'fit'.




1 comment:

Carla Murphy said...

What a great job on this Susan. Love that car stamp and they way you've splashed out the "puddles", love the rolled down corners and great layout. This one is a winner for sure!! 8)