SusanSalutations

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy Bug Day



I have a few birthdays to remember this month and today have made a card for a male friend who troubleshoots computers all day. I put more bugs inside with the wish that he have a trouble free birthday - no bugs or stress! I made this a wardrobe inspired card - I was wearing a striped blouse today in pink and yellow colours, which I needed to change to suitable colours for this man's card, hence the green. I included a picture of the inspiring blouse pattern.

For the card, I hand cut the wonky washers and used brished silver brads, and that's striped dragonfly ribbon held down with a hand stitch and the 'be happy' sticker, and I just smoothed ink pads along the card for the background, then stamped the bug over the card. I used a combination of stamps for the 'Happy Bug Day' sentiment as I didn't have one that said exactley that (I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig tool for the first time to place the stamps - wow, how easy was that?? It's a GREAT tool!) Then I used a green ink pad around the edges and mounted the piece on green cardstock.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice one Susan. I bet he'll like that - men's cards are always SUCH a trial! Got hubby's birthday coming up in Feb and I'm already trying to figure what to do!

That shirt fabric is lovely - you should scan it!

Gillian said...

Susan, I'm sure he'll enjoy the humour in this one.. great play on words.. that's clever smoothing the ink pad over the Paper to make the stripes.. Great thinking..

Jo said...

Brilliant card, fab stamping, and so clever to make your own sentiment, colours are yummy :)

jo xx