SusanSalutations

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Happy New Year!

Where did last year go? Now we are already into the first part of 2014. Did you make any crafty New year's resolutions? I did. This year I am going to plan to make something for Christmas 2014 each month. Then I will be much more prepared to just cruise through the month of December without as much stress happening.

This week I made a card for a male friend who is spending lots of time in the hospital. The new seasonal colours are in the purple/orchid shades, so I decided to challenge myself to make a male card using just shades of purple with silver accents. I started with a Wisteria Wonder card base, then layered on Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum. I stamped my images form the By the Tide stamp set in Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant then  stamped a separate fish in Versamark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder before cutting it out. I popped this main image up and added some retired twine, then popped up the entire main image layer on the card. I finished off with some dots made with the White Gel pen.

The inside is lined with ordinary printer paper and i wrote my message with an Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Write marker.


What do you think? Is it 'male' enough? I hope it cheers my friend up and helps him know that his friends miss him. Get well soon, Pete!

Supply List:
 
By the Tide stamp set 131910 (wood) 129120 (clear)
Elegant Eggplant cardstock 108614
Perfect Plum cardstock 108615
Wisteria Wonder cardstock 124389
White gel pen  105021
Wisteria Wonder inkpad 126985
Perfect Plum inkpad 126963
Elegant Eggplant inkpad 126969
Versamark inkpad 102283
Silver embossing powder 109131

No comments: