SusanSalutations

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Circle Thinlit Card for a 60th!

I love the new Circle Thinlit dies from Stampin' Up! They make me think of all sorts of ways to make a greeting a bit special. My brother-in-law turned 60 this year and he is a fisherman from 'way back, so naturally his card had to have some fish on it. I also wanted to inject a little humour into the 'grim' situation! Did you know fish are pretty curious? Lol!

I stamped out some fish from the By the Tide stamp set and embossed them in gold. Then I fussy cut them out so I could make them pop and overhang an edge. I used some retired designer series paper, some Real Red cardstock and some linen thread. The words just came to me so I spelled them out in letter stickers (non Stampin' Up! ones). I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker to add lines around the outer circle to make it look a bit like a coin? The inner circle was left blank to take my written message (see the fish tail peeking out above the circle? he he!)




The back of the card begged to be stamped (I used a Very Vanilla card base) so I obliged with some seahorses and coral in Soft Suede and Crumb Cake ink. I tied the twine together at the back and the front and fixed them in place with glue dots.

This card made me chuckle the whole time i was making it :) I hope you enjoyed it too! And yes, my brother-in-law actually said it was 'clever'. Success! Lol!

Shopping List:

Circle Thinlit Dies 133480
Very Vanilla cardstock 106550
Stampin' Dimensionals 104430
Real Red cardstock 106578
2 1/2' Circle Punch 120906
Linen Thread 104199
By the Tide stamp set 131910 (wood) and 129120 (clear)
Gold Embossing Powder 109129
Versamark Inkpad 102283
Soft Suede Inkpad 126978
Crumb Cake inkpad126975
Glue dots 103683
Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker  119680

No comments: