SusanSalutations

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tool Time 70th Birthday

I think it is safe to post this card here. The person it is for lives a looooong way away and isn't known to blog hop, so it is better than posting on Facebook, right? I would hate to spoil the surprise! The story is, a friend wanted a special card for her Dad who is turning 70 next week, and when she told me he used to be a Navy man and he loved working with tools, the Tool Time stamp set and this nautical designer series paper (neither available any longer, sadly) both came to mind. His favourite colours are navy and red, so I was just about ready to make the card armed with this information. It still takes thought to plan it out though, doesn't it?!

Anyway, I came up with an easel card for her and included plenty of white cardstock inside for people to sign as it was going to be a group card.

I made the numbers with my Big Shot and some retired dies. I layered four Cherry Cobbler cardstock cutouts together and glossed them up with Crystal Effects that had to be left to dry overnight. The ribbon and card base are Night of Navy, and the Baker's Twine is Island Indigo. I used some Washi tape to make the pennants and some brushed silver brads to enhance and anchor bits and pieces. The tools were stamped in Basic Black then stamped again in Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder for the card, but I stamped them in Cherry Cobbler for the envelope and used the masking technique to layer them. Then I used some grey Copics to add shadows.




Till next time :)

No comments: