SusanSalutations

Saturday, September 26, 2009

More Dust and a Wedding Card










We're having our second dust storm this week. Some photos taken near where I live show you the extent of it. We've closed up the house again and the dust is still sneaking in though to a lesser extent than it would if we had all the doors and windows open. I realise other parts of the world get dust storms but the east coast of Australia hasn't had such a week in over 70 years, so it is a bit of a novelty to us younger than 75 or so.

Maybe a wedding card will provide a nice contrast to the thought of all that dust. I made this one for a wedding I attended last week. I should have made it more dramatic - the bride wore black, high black boots, black strapless dress and a long flowing wide white scarf that reached below her knees. She carried the most beautiful black/red roses. The groom was in a black suit, white shirt and red tie. I hadn't been to a wedding where the bride wore black before...

3 comments:

Lee said...

What a great card for a new couple!!! And OMGosh what a Dust Storm!!! We watched some on the news the other night....wow!! You all stay safe!!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Susan the card is gorgeous has ever, sorry ive not been a good blogger for a long time , been busy with otherthings . How are you good i hope, will try to keep up more in future. Take care Andrea x

Pearl said...

great wedding card , Susan ! but wow is that a dramatic theme for the bride & grrom ! black ! lol

& yeah I cant imagine being in a dust storm !

I hope that simply means more crafty time for you ? ! ;)

Thanks for your lovely comments about the heritage page for my Aunt & Uncle in law who just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

I'm not so sure that we Chinese families especially of the older gen , appreciate such legacy pages ...

I was a load of fun for me to create still ! lol