SusanSalutations

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stars and Stamping with a Twist



I have been playing with a new toy - a mouldable foam block that lets you use whatever image you have lifted from somewhere in your home, as a stamp! I heated it up with a hairdryer and then pressed it on to a doiley on one side, and flipped it over to press it into some woodwork on the other side, then stamped the backgrounds of these cards with it. The blue card has the wooden bg and the pink has the doiley bg. In real life, the bg images are more obvious. Now I have two more cards to send out to friends - thanks for the incentive!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Well done Susan - 2 birds with 1 stone, a girl after my own heart!

I think I need some of this magic foam stuff, I especially like the effect you achieved on the purply-pink one.

Thanks for playing along with us again

Rhi said...

Great cards Susan, I still havent used my foam block, how embarrasing *blush*

Rhi x

Gillian said...

Hi Susan,
I thought using the doiley was a brilliant Idea... very clever...
cute cards too by the way..

Pearl said...

Another original idea ! Great Susan ! love how you created the card backgrounds !

ttfn, Pearl