SusanSalutations

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A card & a photo journalling window


I just made a card witha fish hook in it. I found a turtle stampe that was really calling to me to be used, and so I combined the stamp and the hook with some twine, and voila - a card for a man's birthday. I would have positioned the stamps a little differently and also tried to stamp more 'cleanly' if I had had time to recreate the card. How do people get such crisp, clear stamps every time, anyway?

I also had a wonderful experience learning that working with photos, telling a story and using my card making 'skills' is very satisfying - I always thought I would not be interested in photo journalling/scrap booking - but a friend has introduced me to this craft in a lovely way, and I think it is going to continue to be a part of my craft life! I am making a 'Hope' album for our son who recently married, and want to do 'Hope' albums for our other son and daughter. It is such an inspiring thing to do for someone, and so special. Will post some of the results another time when I have had a chance to scan some pages of the album I am working on.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for joining in with the daring Cardmakers - lovely to have you on board, Yep, I think raffia is OK, looks good with the muted colours of the turtle card, doesn't it?

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Susan - fab card - so unusual - this was my dare and I count raffia as ribbon - thanks so much for joining in - hope to see more of your creations :-)

Debbie
xxxxx

Paula J Atkinson said...

So love this card. The turtles are fab.Colours really work well together & the idea with the fish hook incredible.
I love to stamp & I never get perfect images every time. Sometimes blurred half ones are good for a design.