SusanSalutations

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Disaster Update and a Twinchie


DISASTER UPDATE:
Well, the fires are slowly becoming tamed. There are five still burning tonight which is a vast improvement on the first week of fires. Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support. Let's pray that ALL of the fires are extinguished soon.

There's also good news about the flood victims. Food trucks are getting through so the supermarkets are being re-stocked. And people are able to start concentrating on cleaning up and starting again.

TWINCHIE:
I promised you a craft project and here it is! Remember the little Twinchie I made awhile ago? Well, I have written a page about it at PaperCraftCentral. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Oh - and I plan to give you another example of a Valentine's Day project tomorrow :)

Till next time!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Susan, I am happy to know that you are safe and fine there. And I am happy to know that about this good news that food trucks are getting through.
Oh, I like this new card that you just did. Now,you are giving me an idea on what to give to my hubby. Thanks.

Suzanne said...

So glad to hear that things are calming down a bit down under. I hope by this time next week all is as well as it can be after a disaster of this magnitude!
I love your card. I am getting into cards that are less rather than more yet elegant and this one fits the bill.

Lee said...

Ohhhh so relieved to hear some better news!!!! And what a cute Twinchie!!! I love the frayed edges of the ribbon and the scallops are just so sweet!!