SusanSalutations

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Gilded Leafing as an Embellishment

 
Gilded leafing is a popular technique this year and I just had to try playing with it! 
 
This card has an embossed panel in the background and I chose to use the gilded leafing on that. 

When you get these gold flakes, they come in a large jar. When you open that jar, be careful! The leafing is light and airy and can be puffed away by the smallest breath.

I turned off my fan and had a large plastic container ready before I opened mine. I also had a stiff paintbrush at the ready.

Once I embossed my cardstock, I brushed some Tombow glue across the raised ridges and set it aside to allow the glue to become tacky dry.

Then I carefully piled gold leaf on top of the glue. Once it had caught, I brushed the excess away with my stiff paintbrush.

It really is a pretty effect!
 
Shop for supplies used to make this project:
 
 
 

Stitched So Sweetly Dies 151690

Dandy Garden 6" x 6" DSP  154297

 

Gilded leafing detail

 

No comments: