SusanSalutations

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Vintage Music Christmas Card

Tonight I wanted to play with making aged sheet music to use on a Christmas card for a friend. I was inspired by Ute who sells 100 year old music sheets for crafting in the UK. Now I don't have any of Ute's music, but I did have a Stampin' Up! stamping wheel and some cardstock and ink, and a distressing tool. So I got to work with some Very Vanilla cardstock and some Chocolate Chip ink and made the basis for my background. I edged the piece with Soft Suede ink and backed it with some Perfect Plum cardstock. Then I had fun colouring the little birdie with some Stampin' Write markers before adding him to the card along with a bit of Chantilly Lace and Linen Cord.

The sentiment comes from the same stamp set, Beautiful Season (item no 124944 in wood mount for $41.95 plus postage or item no 122682 in clear mount for $33.95plus postage if you want to order it).

I hope you enjoy my attempt at making Vintage Music. I sure had fun with it :)


1 comment:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning card, I love all the detail, so much to look at!