SusanSalutations

Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's Thanksgiving this week

Do you have something to be thankful for? I know I do and it would take so long to make a list of gratitude here. I'm even grateful for the length of my list! 

This week my thoughts turned to far away family and friends celebrating Thanksgiving. In Australia I have only celebrated it a handful of times, but I still think of the day and remember what it was like to have family and friends around for a special sharing time a time of good company and good food and laughter.

Pumpkins seem to symbolise the day for me more than turkeys do, for some reason. I therefore decided to play with the idea of making a paper punch art pumpkin and see if I could turn it into a card. Here's how it turned out:

You can see a supply list and get instructions for making your own pumpkin card here.

PS: Remember, Aussie readers can order all non-retired Stampin' Up! supplies used from me too :) Just contact me at SusanSalutations.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Alz said...

I too have a lot to be thankful for Susan. Thanks for the reminder. I love that you are even thankful for the length of your list of things to be thankful for!!! I love your card and think your pumpkins are brilliant! They'd be a great idea for Halloween embellishments too. TFS. xx

Unknown said...

Wow - the pumpkins look amazing!! Well done, what a gorgeous card!
Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo

Lizzy said...

Susan this looks great.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs xx