SusanSalutations

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birthday Surprise



See? I really have been crafting! I made a birthday card to surprise someone with.

This card was made using Stampin' Up!'s Happy Moments stamp set and I set it in the 1 3/4" punched circles. I used Stampin' Write Bold Bright markers to enhance the image and then used the little jewelry tag punch and a word window punch for the sentiments. The sentiments are from an older Stampin' Up! stamp set...I can't remember the name of it right now. I must be getting old!!

I doodled around the edges with a black Stampin' Write marker and enhanced the tag with gold ink and linen thread.

The border was cut from some scrapbooking paper I had on hand.

The cardstock used is Lovely Lilac, So Saffron and Whisper White.

I hope you like it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh arnt you clever, I love the colours and the doodling, very pretty.

Pearl said...

this came together in a delightful way , Susan ! love the Sass border that you've added & the doodling is such a great finishing touch !

Grace said...

What a perfect timing. I will need to make a birthday card for my mother-in-law whose birthday is today, but they are coming here in Florida on Friday.
Thanks for sharing this to us, Susan. :)

Chris said...

oooh Susan your card is beautiful such vibrant colours. Someone is going to be very happy to receive it... lucky girl whoever she is :D
hugs
Chris xx

Lexie said...

Gorgeous card Susan, the colours are gorgeous and I love the doodling!

Suzanne said...

oh...a beautiful card...someone is going to be very blessed to find this in their mailbox.

佐漢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula J Atkinson said...

Two really gorgeous designs. I especially love the nature one below.
Happy Easter :0)

Chris said...

Just popped back to wish you a lovely Easter me lovely :D

hugs
Chris xx