SusanSalutations

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Decorate It! A brooch decoration is born!



Week 2 of the Scrap N Craft With T challenge is underway and I had to come up with a present decoration that was red, green and white and incorporated wire in it somehow. I chose felt to make this little heart brooch. It has a few beads and stitching and there is a wire centre (made from industrial wire!) I cut the petals out freehand and they are basically heart shapes. I gathered the centres and sewed them together, then curled the wire and threaded it through the centre to form a pin base at the back. Beads have been threaded together and sewn around the centre. There is some contrast stitching around some of the petals. I used my Paper Crimper to make a cardstock belly band for the present.

You can take the heart flower off the present and wear it as a brooch afterwards, just in time for the Christmas party season!

3 comments:

Pearl said...

such a cute project this turned out , Susan !

Lee said...

Ohhh this is soooo cuuute!!!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow i love it Susan.