SusanSalutations

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tagged


This week at DCM the challenge is from Rhi: 'Everything we buy has packaging, some of it excessive, some of it beautifully designed. Tags, labels, stickers... all sorts of bits and bobs that we can recycle onto cards.

I dare you to make a card using a tag, label, sticker or anything else you can find, thats from packaging and would normally end up in the bin. Of course you can ink it, change it, distress it and add anything else you like!

If you're feeling brave, I DOUBLE DARE you to make it a card for a man!'

Well, Rhi, I salvaged some birthday candles this week (since it was my birthday!) and used them to drip wax onto this card. They make pretty balloons I think. The card is for a whole family who spoiled me this week, one of which is a man! So I managed to complete your Dare AND your Double Dare!!

I Double Dare anyone reading this to join is if they have not already done so!

14 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute idea Susan!

Not sure about letting you off with the double dare because one of the family is a man though hehehe nice try, we'll see what Rhi says....

Paula J Atkinson said...

Cute card & happy belated birthday to you, Susan.xx

Leigh said...

What a clever idea. Great card

Unknown said...

Hope you had a fab birthday.

Great idea to drip the wax to make the balloons too!

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Rosie

Gillian .... said...

what a great idea susan with using the wax lol, hope you had a great birthday, thanks for the lovely comment you left :)

Cheryl said...

Brilliant! I would never have guessed you used candle wax. Beautiful card!

Pearl said...

lovely to hear from you Susan as always ! I 've not been able to blog hop as much as I'd love to ! been busy this past mth with the kids home on school hols ! they went back to school today ! yeah ! lol


lovely card idea from the candle wax ! I wouldnt have thot of it ! lol


ttfn, Pearl

Gillian said...

Hey Susan, happy Belated birthday! I hope you had a really special time :O)
Oh and your card, it soooo clever, I love this idea, and it's going into my 'great ideas from Susan' file :O)
love this idea of using the candles... they do make fab balloons!

Sheila said...

Belated Happy Birthday Susan.

What a brilliant idea to use the candles-fab!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great idea, fab card

Alhambra Club said...

What a great idea, love the card

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

What a brilliant idea! Love it!

All of my Todays said...

Great card.
x

Louly said...

How clever to use the wax like that! It's great. Hope you enjoyed your birthday.