SusanSalutations

Friday, August 26, 2022

Card Ideas - Pop Up Cards

 It's fun to try something new with cardmaking, right?

I found out that pop up cards were not so hard! 

It had been years since I tried a card like this. I forgot that all you have to do is create a little pop out section in your card base to glue things to. 

That's r this Cup of Tea card. I scored and cut a couple of little sections into my card base and made them fold the opposite direction to what they would usually do.

Then I decorated to my heart's content!

Pop Up Card

 

I thought the Cup of Tea stamp set and dies would make a great pip up card, so for this card, I  scored  lines out from the centre fold at the 1" (2cm) mark. Then I cut at right angles out to that mark. I didn't score all the way across the card, just along an inch (2cm) where I wanted my platforms to be.

Once you create your scores you cut at right angles form the centre score line to the 1" (2cm) mark.

After the cuts are made, you push the cut section towards you. It pops out like a little box step.


Pop Up Card

After that, you just create your pop up elements so they can be glued to the face of the pop out step!


Pop Up Card

DESIGN HINT: When getting ready to glue your pop up elements to the step, close your card on it completely to make sure your card folds flat AND to make sure your decorative elements don't shoot out too far from the closed card. 

You might have trouble getting your creation into an envelope otherwise, or would wind up having to make a very large card base!


Pop Up Card

 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this project!

You can purchase the supplies I chose from my SusanSalutations Store. This is the link to the entire Tea Boutique Suite. You can pick and choose what you want from it individually, but the Suite price is discounted. :) 

I chose my col
ours from the DSP. I like to do that as it makes colour selection so easy. I just know I will have a well coordinated card when I do that!

Sit a bit and enjoy a cuppa while you create cards and more with products from the Tea Boutique Suite Collection.

This suite collection has what you need to create tea for two (or more): stamps for stamping teacups, tea bags, and sentiments; patterned paper with teapots, teacups, and florals; dies to cut out stamped images or accent pieces; and coordinating cards and envelopes. Make a card or two and send them away to brighten someone’s day!

The Tea Boutique Suite Collection includes:

CUP OF TEA STAMP SET (10% OFF)
* 20 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, b, d, g

TEACUP DIES (10% OFF)
* 17 dies
* Largest die: 2-1/4" x 1-1/2" (5.7 x 3.8 cm)
* Use with a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
* Compatible with the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine

TEA BOUTIQUE 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
* 48 sheets of patterned paper: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs
* Acid free
* Lignin free

TEA BOUTIQUE CARDS & ENVELOPES
* 20 card bases and 20 envelopes
* Folded card size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (10.8 x 14 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free

Product colours: Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Fresh Freesia, Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party, Petal Pink, Starry Sky, Sweet Sorbet, Tahitian Tide.

Add ink, cardstock, and adhesive to complete your projects.
Tea Boutique Suite


No comments: