SusanSalutations

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Corner Garden Card

I needed a sympathy card unfortunately, and I wanted to make it as beautiful as I could for the lady left behind. I thought of the Corner Garden stamp set almost immediately as it has such lush floral images.  I imagined it on a white, dry embossed background, and then I saw a card on the web made by a beautiful crafter who I cannot now remember. I did change my card a bit as I only glimpsed the other crafter's card, and it stuck in my head about what I wanted to do. I would have liked to acknowledge whoever made the card that inspired me and will have to be more careful in future to remember.

I started with a square piece of Whisper White, stamping the image onto it in Basic Black. I used various ink colours to bring the flowers to life with my aqua painter. The deeper colours on some flowers are areas where I went over them twice with the same ink colour. This was a labour of love and took me a little while to do, but it was worth it.

I added some discrete shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear pen. After I was happy with the flowers and everything was dry, I ran the stamped piece through my Big Shot with my decorative Dots embossing folder. After that I mounted it on some Pacific Point cardstock and a Whisper White card base.

I stamped and punched out my sentiment and mounted it on the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I made an envelope with my Envelope Punch Board but I forgot to take a photo of that.

Hope you like it.

RIP, my friend.


No comments: