SusanSalutations

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Making your own backgrounds



I played with making my own backgrounds for this series of ATCs. I used alcohol inks, watercolour crayons and words written by hand. I didn't want to over whelm the backgrounds so kept the subjects small. Many of them are stamped images though the little boy is from some advertising material I found and the duck is from some designer paper I was using for making a gift card :)

I'm entering these in Hel's competition fro blog candy. She is after 100 comments so go on over and add to her joy today!

3 comments:

Pearl said...

lovely backgrounds you've created with such mixed medias , Susan !

the results are so tweet ! lol couldnt help it !

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooh, fabby backgrounds, making these ATC's look simply stunning...thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper .. apologies for not getting here sooner hun...house move etc...am back online again now...phew, four days with out looking at blogs...feels like four months LOL x

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Very nice Susan thanks for stopping by at my blog , we had a fab time in New york thanks hence the extra week stranded by the volcano.